Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A lesson in drama...

A problem with not being a souless monster... every so often things get to you...

Two things this last week. First, the arena team did badly. How badly?

AFTER the matches, two of the team respecced. We went 5-10. We should do better.

Afterwards, Melvin respecced his elemental shammy to the 40/0/21 build. Bout damn time. He rather likes the new build, I'm hearing much less bitching than after his mage respec...

And our MS warrior... who went Fury without making this clear to *ME*... went back to MS after our arena failures... Melvin knew about Pog's switch to fury, but Melvin doesn't know why they're called "MS Warriors." In arena, if you ain't MS, you ain't trying. To make it worse, Pog was still swinging his 2h sword... with his fury build. I just kept wondering where the MS debuff was in all our battles...

To add to the misery, Pog was bragging about being the last one standing in most of the fights. One of which, while I watched, Pog was alone against 5... and let loose with an intimidating shout that might have saved the match for us if used earlier... One clue for those that can't understand my depression at this boast... the last to die is USUALLY rated the least threatening by the other team. Nothing to brag about...

Pog also managed to finally get his pvp trinket this weekend... after the arena had been done, natch. He saved the pvp trinket for last, after all the HWL armor, weapons, cloak, ring, amulet... such is his order of importance.

Plus our shadow priest has been running a damage meter during the fights... and it doesn't show my pet. So he thinks I'm useless... I'll modify this post to show three of the four victory screenshots, once I get home...

So we go 4-6 in the first ten. And then they decide to do another 5 to get one of our mercs his games (without me). And they go 1-4 (cuz the merc dc's twice...)

We rapidly running to bottom of the ratings. And might have to reform the team. When you reform (at a cost of 150 gold) your rating goes back to 1500. Which at this point would be another 50 arena points a week. Which means Spanky would be mine one week earlier!

So far, hunter has been doin quite well arena wise. Two man with hunter would be problematic. But 3v3 and 5v5... hunters hold their own.

Melvin is still a hoot. Melvin confessed he will never be as good a player as I am, because he isn't "hyper-competitive" like I am. What brought this on? Me trying to show him how to turn on the "show target of a target" option in the advanced interface raid/party options.

Again, Melvin runs with our guild's kara progression team.

So, the guild of guilds has managed to make me ashamed this week. First of all, the progression team beat the Prince. Our guild's hunter leader, who has been a raiding MM hunter since MC, AQ and ZF... for ages... does a hellova job, old school. I burnt out on raiding the fiftieth time my pet got dusted in MC. (Wolf with pure fire resist and sta buffs. Furious howl for the rogues... and still couldn't live before Blizz fixed em...) Grats to the guild of guilds! Priest got her tier 4 helm, and a nice healing hammer dropped as well. And machunter got a nice +hit ring.

But I'm gonna have to get keyed. Melvin tells me the guild needs me. And I, with heavy heart, agree. K., the guild's self proclaimed second hunter... is killing the kara rotation team. Hes a 0/48/13 build. With zero +hit. 1350 AP. Lest we forget, this is the hunter who waited a month after hitting 70 to get misdirection... cuz of the 7g cost. Notable K. quotes...

"I'm pwning this KTM thing!"
"Damn, I meant to mark that thing, not shoot it..."
"I have NOT been drinking, so shut up in vent you jerks!"

So projects for poor mabd... get revered with cenarion. Move along with the key fragment quests for kara. Do a damn sight more aldor quests and get to friggin exalted with those freaks. I want the premium shoulder buffs! While I can think of a thousand things more interesting to do than Kara, I kinda owe this guild... something...

No comments: