Monday, December 29, 2008

Came the last night of sadness

Weird Christmas season. Crazy Derrek is back... I was trying to avoid him, but he snuck into my apartment building...

He had been living with his mother, in her assisted living joint. But she passed out on the bus last month, and never woke up.

So Derek is living with his sisters. And he HATES his sisters. And he's stopped bathing. He wants to stay with me for a while...

A friend of mine was disgnosed with a lymphoma. Kinda like BRK's friend is raising money for. It's not one of the auto fatal ones... its treatable with chemo therapy. The only problem...

She just got pregnant after trying for a few years.

Chemo started last friday.

So, the guild is getting a little bigger. Got an uber prot pally, another coupla healers. Unbound got her 25man raid pants, and is pretty much finished with gearing. (Just needs some shoulders... and maybe trinkets...)

I finally started leveling Majeure. Did UK as 70, and pulled 1300 dps. Which makes me wonder exactly how people pull less at 80. I realize that there's a huge freaking crit nerf, but still... I wonder if undergeared mages are better off usin frost builds till they get the gear for end game... rather than FFB, which seems terribly dependent upon crit...

Respecced Mabd as BM. Turns out MM/Surv runs outta mana during the first aimed shot cooldown. Sigh... lost 1200 RAP in the switch. But a kill commanded gorilla is an amazing thing. And I can't wait to try out the berserk rabid t rex...

Burnt out a lot on the achievements. You need flying for one of em, horde side (guy is on one of the icce crown airships, and you can't summon to him). I think that one broke me.

1 comment:

Moose said...

The guy in Icecrown isn't impossiable without a flyer, it just takes a little time. There have been a couple of bloggers that have posted the how-to, but it goes something like this: Enter Icecrown from the South East side, through what I believe is a Argent Crusade camp (I don't have a map up so I'm shooting from the hip here). Hug the eastern wall of the zone, be careful not to run into any mobs if you can avoid it. When you hit the Northeast corner of the zone you will start to head west. If you start running into penguins you're good.

Keep an eye out for the ship (it's slow) and find the spot where it flys low through a saddle in the ridgeline. Get all dead at the highest point in the ridgeline near the saddle, corpse fly back to your body, hover as high as you can and still be in res range, wait for the ship to come back around, res, and find the bro. It will take the ship about 20-30 min to make the loop so don't get antsy.

Royal PITA, but it works. I personaly got hung up on the PVP part...every time I loaded into a BG it was full of 80's, I didn't have a chance at 73.