Monday, February 11, 2008

I want to be somebody... you were like that too...

So I was hanging in TB, doin arena 2v2... I finally got a good partner, and after the first 20 games (which went 10-10) he settled down and we won 5 straight. Then we had to pass out from exhaustion. More on that later...


Saw Cit here, with Nibbles! So damn cute. I asked him, and he said Nibbles was really the only pet he'd ever had. Cit is level 65, and his gear is quite expertly chosen. Go orc hunters! Crabbies are so much better than some smelly pig! I also saw a horde hunter with a level 70 ghost wolfie! I've seen a coupla spectral wolves on the server, but that was the first one I'd seen fully leveled...


Had a visit from Megs. My first impression was fear. Did that lazy dwarf finally farm enough gold to hire a professional to cap me? But no... she was just paying a visit, looking around at the mediocrity that is BG Shadowburn. She even had the good taste to pose as an orc hunter!


I really enjoyed the conversation, even tho I was knee deep in arena with Melvin and company... /sigh. Ima gonna go out on a limb here... is there really a difference between running Kara for badges and running arena for points? It still takes a coupla months to get a goddamn thing.


Anyway, I enjoyed meeting megs and not dying horribly. Of course, I now have to change the locks and traps at the old hiding place, just in case she visits again and is less... er... disinterested in my relative lack of gushing wounds. Not that traps would stop her, but it would be disrespectful not to have a few out...

2 comments:

Kelmar said...

/Rant on

Ok, look...

Warrior/Pally/Hunter was NEVER a great combination. I looked for weeks regarding strats for BRB and got bubkis. Why? It don't work is why.

Also, if you had not noticed, you reverted a la Melvin to telling me more and more about my gear.

Another thing... Warrior/Hunter is weak and requires a good bit of skill besides to make work. We actually won some there and we needed more practice to get better

So before you go saying some crap like "I finally got a good arena partner" realize you got an Arena partner that works with your class and is in you gear range.

I've had my moments and my F ups in arena just like you!

/Rant off

Now quit calling me out on your blog ass :)

Dagashai said...

Wasn't aimed at you, bro. As you say, a warrior isn't a suitable arena partner for a hunter. Has nothing to do with skill/gearing. We never really clicked on any of our attempts to make a decent 2v2 team.

And no... I have never lectured you like I have Melvin. I get HARSH with Melvin. You tend to get a good deal techier, so I try not much point gettin your dander up.

We haven't really played in the last 3 weeks... I've been stuck with Melvin and co... that's been the source of my fustration arena wise.

Anyway, the 3 team seems to be pally/warrior/shammy. But there's not much point to doin that right now. My shammy aint goin anywhere anytime soon, gear wise.