Thursday, February 28, 2008

The sweetest price you'll have to pay...

The day the whole world went away...

Was reading poor QQ. I feel ya, brother... even with my deep ice spec, Majeure is kinda third right now in favorite level 70 to play. She rocks in pve, doan get me wrong, but... well... all my chars rock in pve.

I dunno. I really think that there is a simple lock nerf out there, and that nerf should be letting bandage work through a dot, and giving a quest of some sort to let bandage remove dots.

Melvin is having WAY too much fun with his lock. "Someone will ride by, I'll load him up with dots, then watch as he rides off to the sunset, giving me an HK 18 secs later..."

But the problem really isn't locks... they had their own problems, and Ima glad to see em functioning... back in the day, they were as rare as shammies are now...

The prob is, mages didn't scale right into TBC. As QQ pointed out in an earlier post... mage pvp abilities like spellsteal and blink really cost way too damn much mana... you go OOM rapidly, and with the proliferation of high sta, high resil pvp'ers... you might as well try to solo Doom Walker as soon as take on yuir modern arena player....

The strengths of mages have been overlooked, however. Personally, I benefit from dealing with Melvin. Melvin will whine, "I POM pyro'ed him and he's still alive! What the hell!" and I'll realize how silly it all is. Mages are still, bar none, the best burst dps class. Even with uber resil, etc, proper teamwork can help a mage bring down anything in short order. Mages are also the best control class, with more snares and cc than anything else. Fear is way too easily evaded. And my shammy has seen what happens to locks that get cornered... "Mmmm.... tastes like evil chicken!"

Ima really excited by leaked blizzard changes... reduced mana cost for blink, slow, and spell steal will go a long way. The proposed changes to molten armor, allowing damage and stuns on casters and ranged attacks, will help quite a bit as well.

Still, mages are on the decline right now... i was in an AV where the horde side didn't have a single mage. Tons of useless locks, but no mage...

Not that it really matters... mages are still wildly popular for 5 man runs :) So maj will never lack for friends...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'd still like to see some links to good Enhance Shaman blogs, or just some thoughts about how to properly gear one. I've got one at 46 that will be my second 70. If there's any one button in WoW that produces more joy than Stormstrike, I haven't found it.

Fedaykin98, pally tank