Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kara should be fun, right?

Nother Kara run. Didn't go any further than Moroes. Wiped on him twice before taking him (with only a handful still up... including Mabd but not furball... we had to run from the shackles since all healers were down...) According to my DM... I was tops by a large margin.

While still wearing greens.

This has entered the realm of farce. I was so disgusted, I didn't even get a screenshot. Melvin's elemental shammy was off healing. Cuz he decided the holy pal (who was decent) and two holy priests (who weren't, really...) weren't enough. Cuz a kara raid needs 4 healers! Yeah, you gonna kill bosses with that line up! I'm getting tired of being in a situation where noone else understands that the boss doesn't go down without real damage, and you can't expect the undergeared BM hunter to anchor the dps line up...

WTB a good off tank. Where to begin? After the second wipe someone realizing that maybe someone should be dispelling the blind offa the main tank? Cuz the 9k health prot pally (running without BoK OR the armor aura) keeps going down faster than Paris Hilton on a first date... Oh wait! We found out that he'd been running Kara all this time without decursive! Cuz, you know... he's prot.

This is killing me. It got so bad, I broke a shackle... the mob escaped for the umpteenth time, and I threw my pet at him with intimidate... right before he was reshackled. This is the result of not trusting your raid members. And that is BAD. Fustration, yes. But it's beginning to get to the point where I'm not sure it's worth it to put myself through this. I work, if I stay up late for a raid, it kills me the next day. Doing that to myself for a raid that can't even function...

According to Melvin, I focus too much on damage. There are more important things, and if he cared, he'd do more. Not like he plays the only class facing a serious dps nerf in the next patch or anything...

Again, if my DM wasn't wrong (it had to have been. really...) I did 250% the damage he did with his elemental shammy.

Did I mention the fire mage pulled aggro with a pyroblast that landed less than a second after the tank gained aggro? He says he hit the wrong button...

Anyway... the snakes on the plane reference... We did attumen. And I finally had a breakthrough... I was hanging with the mob of ranged dps and healers... waiting for the charge...

And I figured... why not lay a snake trap? I know he's coming...

4 snake traps later, I'm laughing my ass off, and popping feign death as soon as cooldown is up to keep the aggro offa me, I'm doin so much damage.

The one bright spot...

Back to drinking. May I recommend Bourbon?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Focus too much on dps? o_O? You're a hunter, what else should you focus on aside from doing as much sustainable dps as you possibly can and trapping where it's necessary.

Melvin, as an elemental shaman, should likewise be focusing on damage because that's his primary role. I've read your posts about him not having a dps meter (sw stats is much more flexible than damagemeters) and using his threat meter to gauge his success in a boss encounter but I still just don't understand. Why did he decide to be elemental if he doesn't want to do damage with healing if necessary? Why else would he be in the raid?

Jeanne of Dragonmaw

Zball said...

I'm more interested in the fact that the guild and raid leads actually allow this kind of thing to happen. If this guy is half as bad as he seems, he should be gone.

Of course, they let your hunter into Kara with crappy healers and greens.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. >_<

Me said...

Have you guys tried Curator yet? He's really good at teaching the importance of DPS to noobish RL's. No offense to your RL, it's just that many old school RL's ways need to be retrained and there's a few encounters that do that well. We're not in Molton Core any more.

I remember early on in our kara runs our RL wanted me to switch from my hunter to my hybrid healing priest on Curator. I convinced her that the hunter was a better choice. We downed him in record time. Without the hunters DPS it would have been dicey. Still no Garona's signet ring though /sigh.

Anonymous said...

You need to cast a higher rank of Maker's Mark buff to yourself. It will make you care much less.

...mmmm.....Maker's Mark.....so tasty.....

-Shurlitimpul and Fluffy

Dagashai said...

I used to drink MM... but my mainstay was Jack, till they wussed out and joined the 80 proof club.

But really, give Bulleit a try... quite tasty!

Lance said...

If you like the Jack but sick of the 80 proof step it up to the Single Barrel Jack so tasty.